view my portfolio:
coroflot.com/malila

Friday, April 17, 2009

Designing Temporary Furniture for an influential Interiors Event

Brief: For my furniture class, an exercise has been set to develop a temporary furniture design out of X-board (similar to rough cardboard) that can create a corporate identity for the event. I hope this exercise will help me develop a good foundation for space, structure and form understanding for the future designs I make through my career as an industrial designer.

I have seen that Asian culture has become a growing influence in the world.
In special, Japanese culture has begun to attract me, for their working structure has led them to very successful technological outcomes which helped position them as a first world country.

For this reason I am interested to develop my design based on 100% design Tokio. Here I lay a summary of the event:

100% design was established in London in 1995 growing to become the world's most influential contemporary interiors event. It is dedicated to the latest and most innovative contemporary interior products, and provides a showcase for contemporary interior design companies and designers to merge. 100% design Tokio made its debut in 2005 and has already established itself as Japan’s premier contemporary interiors event. It runs alongside other key events of Tokyo Designers Week including Container Exhibition, Design Forum and Music Event.

I would like my furniture piece to be a distinguishing part of the event. Since in it, design forums are held, I decided to create the seats were the designers holding the forum can sit on. In this way, the design will be on a stage, where it will be constantly looked at, and will mark the identity for the event.

What I want to create:

· A contemporary, high-edge sophisticated chair, representative of the event

· A friendly design that invites to sit and chat

· An eye-catching memorable piece

· A design easy to interpret as a chatting seat

· A comfortable and ergonomic piece

· A professional style finished design

· A design with simplicity, with wow in result and detailing



No comments:

Post a Comment